Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I Am" poem

I Am
By: Donna Spivey

I am Donna Spivey.
I wonder what kind of person Christian will be when he grows up.
I hear Christian laughing when I give him a zerbert on his stomach.
I see Christian growing up before my eyes.
I want to live long enough to see Christian have children.
I am Christian's mother.

I pretend that I am a good singer when I sing Christian to sleep.
I feel blessed to have a wonderful husband who loves Christian more than life itself.
I touch Christian's smooth skin and love the feel of it on my skin.
I worry about not being the best mother that I can be for Christian.
I cry when I think of how lucky I am to be Christian's mother.
I am Christian's mom.

I understand what it means when mommies say "It is the best thing in the world."
I say how amazing it is to have Christian lay on me while he is in dream land.
I try to pray with Christian everynight, so he grows up with a love and understanding of God like I did.
I hope that Christian will come to me when he has problems or troubles as he gets older.
I am Christian's mommy now and forever.

1 comment:

Hoover Family said...

Very sweet poem...you are Great