Friday, March 12, 2010

Continue Not So Much Fun

So, I can add one more thing to the Not So Much Fun list...
6. Packing Christian up to go and stay at Omah's because mommy and daddy are both sick with the stomach bug.

Yesterday at work around 12:00, I started feeling queasy. On my way to lunch with my students, I was talking with a parent and I thought that if I did not stop talking to her I was going to get sick right there in the hallway. My thoughts were 1. do I go to the bathroom and get sick? or 2. take my kids to lunch and see if it passes? I went with the lather one and it did. So, I thought maybe it was just a feeling because I was hungry.

Oh no, it was not feeling. About 1:30 while my students were in special areas, I found myself throwing up in my trash can in my classroom. Nice, huh? So, I immediately called Shaun and asked him to be home quickly from work...maybe when I got home would be great since I was sick. But do you know what he told me...he was already at home sick himself...throwing up too. GREAT! Next call...OMAH!

She is an angel. She came and got him to spend the night with her while Shaun and I suffered all night long. I thought I was going to die. Now, I really know how Christian felt that day. I got in the bed at 5:00 and did not get out of it until 7:30 this morning when my mom brought Christian back to us because she had to go to work.

Let me just say that yesterday was not a fun day and today has not been the best either. However, I am not sick anymore...standing up and doing work are not my friends today.

No comments: