Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Family Traditions

For as long as I can remember I have made (and eaten) M&M cookies with my mom and sister during the Christmas season. My dad just helped us eat them...ha. They are the best cookies that I have ever eaten. They are kind of like Pringles...once you eat one you just can't stop. They are so good that whenever I have a birthday, I always ask my mom to make me a big M&M cookie (it is not as good as the individual cookies, but it is still good).

So this year, I wanted to pass along a Christmas family tradition to Christian that I did growing up. So, we made M&M cookies. Boy, were they a BIG hit. I was not sure what he would think about them because he is not much of a sweets person (he did not get that from me). However, I could not keep him out of them. He would eat one and them go back for another. He must of eaten four the first day that we made them (me I had about four or five as well). See once you pop you just can't stop...



Tomorrow night we will be starting two new traditions of our own...reading The Night Before Christmas and the Polar Express before we go to bed. Then on Christmas Day we are going to make a birthday cake for Jesus.

1 comment:

Justin and Jessica Jones said...

So special...those cookies sound great. I will be thinking about you on Christmas Day because I know you will be missing your Daddy. I know we miss our Papa.