Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Best Gift

The best gift that I have ever received was the gift of motherhood.
Being a mom to me is more than just the state of being a mother. It is knowing that...
I have carried a baby within my body.
I've slept with a baby on my chest.
I have kissed boo boos.
I have mended aching pains.
I have been thrown up on, peed on, and pooped on.
I have spent sleepless nights in a rocking chair, rocking back and forth.
For all of these reasons and many more, I would not trade my perfect gift for anything else in this world. No, my body may not be magazine perfect but when I look in the mirror I see a MOM and there is NO greater gift, honor, or blessing that I could ever ask for.


I know that I got this blessed feeling and inspiration from my mother. My mom has made such a difference in my life that I don't even know where to begin to tell her. When I hear the sound of her voice my spirits are lifted. She has bestowed courage in me that keeps me following my dreams as a mom and a women. I know that my mom has made many sacrifices for me- ones that I know about and ones that she's never told me of. I want to thank her for all the sacrifices she's made and the times she put my needs ahead of her own. I can honestly say that I was terrified I would not be able to give up my needs for my little one; however, that came soooooooo naturally because of my mom. My mom has...
made me laugh
wiped my tears
hugged me tight
watched me succeed
saw me fall
cheered me
kept me going strong during hard times
AND drove me a little crazy at times.

So, mom I cannot put into words the way that I feel about you, but I hope you always know in your heart how much I love you, respect you and thank you for the countless ways you've helped make my life what it is today. You are certainly my promise from God that I will always have a friend forever. You are my best friend. I love you mom and you mean the world to me! Happy Mother's Day!



No comments: