Friday, May 31, 2013

9 months

When I was growing up, I remember telling my mom that I could not believe that she had all these pictures for my sister. She did not have nearly the same amount of pictures for me. It was just so unfair. I remember saying I would not be like that when I had kids. BOY, was I ever wrong. Poor Bryson does not have nearly the same amount of pictures as Christian does. Nor does he get the same amount of blog time that Christian has gotten. What is it about the second child?  Oh well. He may not have the same amount of camera time but he is surely loved the same. This house would not be the same without him in it. I remember saying after Christian was born that I did not know what I did with all my "free" time. Now, I ask myself..."what did I do before...period?"

Weight: 18.62 lbs (31st %tile)
Height:  28.75 in. (68th %tile)
Head circumference:   17 in (7th %tile)  
Size of clothes: 6 to 9 months
Size of diapers: 3.
Eat: You are eating stage 2 baby food.  You are not really picky; however, that first bit always makes your nose turn up.  You are eating three meals a day (breakfast, lunch and dinner) along with bottles (6 ozs).  You are also starting to hold the bottle all by yourself.  When I bring it to you, you get a huge smile and hold those hands out.  Mrs. Kim said that you were saying boh, boh, the other day when you saw your bottle.       
# of wake ups at night: Zero wake ups at night.  You are starting to sleep a little later anywhere from 7:00 to 7:30ish. 
Health: Your health has been good. You have had another ear infection that we are now on your second dose of meds for.  We got some great news a few weeks ago about your heart.  The hold between the aorta has closed up on its own.  I am so happy and thank God everyday for this.  The cardiologist wants to see you back when you are 2 just to do a follow up and make sure that it has closed 100%.  God is good and certainly answers prayers. 
Milestones: You are growing like a weed.  You are still sitting up but there is no crawling yet.  You just do not want to do it.  When I put you on your hands and knees you sit there for a while.  Then you sprawl out and flip over onto your back.  Not sure if it is going to happen or not.  You are starting to stand up and hold on to things without support but we certainly can't be far away.  There are still lots of tumbles.  Who knows, you may not crawl and just start walking.  You are starting to do a little bit of talking.  If we are counting first words I think that you said bah, bah (bye-bye) first.  Then it was mah, mah (momma, momma).  You could not have made me happier.  Still no da da but we will not brag...ha.  You are also clapping those hands like crazy.  When I clap, you clap.  It is so cute.  You have your two bottom front teeth.  You chew on EVERYTHING because of it.  You are just growing up to fast for mommy.  Slow down.   
Doesn't Likes: I can honestly say that I can not think of anything that you don't like. You are a very happy baby.
Loves: You love to be talked to.  You laugh and laugh at your brother.  I hope that your connect last a life time.  You love to play with anything that you can get your hands on.  The other day I found you playing with Christian's shoe...YUCK!  You also love to sit in the sun and play while we watch your brother play baseball.  Swinging is a a lot of fun too.  One of my favorite things to watch you do is your crunches.  When you lay on the floor you will roll over to your back and then crunch up.  You are going to have the best ab muscles around.     
Smiles when: You are certainly a very personable baby. You will go to anyone and give them a great big smile. However, you are starting to get a little big shy.  You throw those hands together and then cover up your eyes.  It is so funny.      
Recent trips: It is almost summertime and I will be out of work for the summer.  I can't wait because our travel time will being.  We are starting with the beach in 8 days.  I just can't wait.  We are starting to go on boat rides as well.  Last weekend we went out twice and you had the best time.  You were such a great sport.


Bryson is 9 months old.

Crunch time!

Wow, this is fun!

Outside fun.

  

No comments: