Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Pray for the Macs

As I was reading a fellow blogger's blog, I read some very disturbing news that brought me to tears. The McClenahans' daughter, Cora, was 10 months old and diagnosised with cancer 3 weeks ago. Yesterday, she went to live with Jesus. Please pray for the McClenahan's and their family as they walk through this most difficult time in their lives. May God be with them and comfort them during this sorrowful time. I pray that they are able to rejoice knowing that she is pain free and with our father.

The celebration of Cora's life was held today (Feb. 10th). In lieu of sending flowers, a memorial has been established to construct the Cora Playground, an extension of the children's ministries department at Grace Community Church in Newton, Kansas. For more information about contributing to the Cora Playground, visit www.corapaige.com.

May God rest and heal your broken hearts. You never walk alone...let the Lord carry you! Cora, we can't wait to meet you in heaven.

3 comments:

Heather and Travis said...

I saw that last night as well. As I sat and read at my computer I just cried and cried for that family. It absolutely broke my heart. I have been praying for them ever since.

I love the new picture of you and your little man. He is soooo cute! I also love the video of you guys "sliding". Looks like so much fun. Hasn't the weather been great!

You are such a awesome mommy and Christian is so lucky to have you!

Hollie Heming said...

I saw that too! I had to close the computer and walk away. I could not handle reading more about her battle wtih cancer. I have thought of that family every time I look at Will's sweet face and cannot imagine facing such tremendous heartache.

Hoover Family said...

I starting reading after I saw your post, it is awful. I am needing to clean all my tears off my desk top. God will take care of precious baby girl and her family, in due time. How sad...many prayers will be said for them. Thanks for spreading the word, there can not be enough prayers for such a sad situation.

Great to see you this weekend.
Lots of love to you and that precious little one!