Sunday, February 15, 2009

What a Valentine's Day!

WOW, what a Valenine's Day we had. Shaun and I are not big on Valentine's Day...to many people out and about, high prices on dinner specials, flowers are to expensive and die, chocolate makes me fat (but I love it anyways), etc. I think that there should not be just one day to celebrate the love we have for one another. It should and is celebrated and shared everyday. So, we normally cook a nice dinner at home and cuddle on the coach watching a movie. However, this year we did go out to eat. On Friday night Shaun, Christian, and I went to dinner at Copper River. It was nice getting out and doing the family dinner thing. Christian was so good...he sleep the whole time. However, that is not what made our Valentine's Day so special. This is what did...On Saturday we headed to Lake City (this is where Shaun is from) to spend Valentine's Day with BeeZee. Who is BeeZee you ask? Well, it is Shaun's Grandmother and Christian's Great-Grandmother. She lives in Stacey, NC, so she has never met Christian before. When you are 92 years old you don't get out much. It was such a wonderful Valentine's Day...Christian getting to meet and spend time with BeeZee. Here are some pictures...

Christian and BeeZee


Christian giving BeeZee a big smile.

It is so amazing to see Christian meet the members of our families. It is even more special when he gets to meet our (Shaun and I) grandparents. I was talking with my mom the other day and asked her what it was like to be a grandmother. She told me it was AWESOME. I can only imagine. When I look at Christian I just think and wonder "What kind of man is going to grow into?" "Who is he going to marry?", "What kind of husband is he going to be?", "What kind of father is he going to be?", "What are his children going to look like?", etc. I just can't wait to go through all these different stages with my little man (not too fast though...one step at a time). I just hope that I am the best mother that I can be so that he does grow into the best man that he can be...just like his daddy. I have the two best men in my life...talk about all your prayers being answered.

No comments: