Saturday, June 13, 2009

Children and Angels

Sometimes angels come down to earth without wings... we call them children.

Two beautiful angels were sent home to live with Jesus on Wednesday morning, Margaret Kathryn Wendt, "Maggie," (my friend from grad school's little girl) and Benjamin Michael Poston II (the lady who keeps Christian, her grandson). Please continue to keep these families in your thoughts and prayers. Without the power of prayer, they would not be able to make it though these tough times.

These two women are something else in my book. AMAZING, if I may say.
I can't say to them that I understand what they are going through.

I don't.

I can't say that I know how they are feeling.

I don't.

I can't even say that I can imagine how they are feeling

I don't think that I can really do that either.

Talking with Mrs. Kim (Christian's nanny) about Benjamin, I have really learned how a mother in an unlucky situation can turn it into a lucky one. I know this sounds crazy. Yes, every mother wants to walk out those hospital doors with their new baby. I know I wanted that more than anything and I got to do it. But if the unlucky situation happens to turn your way, how beautiful would it be to be able to carry/borrow one of God's angels for 9 months and for him to honor you with the chance to be that baby's parents. That is turning the unlucky situation into a lucky one. We can't live in fear of the storm....but instead, we must dance in the rain.

These women also have shown me that life still must go on. Angels are all around us and we don't have to see them to love them.
" Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection." -Luke 20:36
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
On a happy note, a congrats must go out to my dear friends Kristen and Ben. They are expecting their first baby on December 17th. I have been waiting to post about this but I had to wait on the okay from her. I am guessing, Kristen, since you have posted about it twice that I can post about it too...ha. Congrats to them and please keep them in your thoughts and prayers over the next several months. I know this "Love Child" will be very loved.

Isn't that neat how the baby is shaped like a heart...hence the name "Love Child."

No comments: