Friday, July 24, 2009

Never in a Million Years...

Before I was a mommy, if you would have told me that...

I would wake up every hour in the middle of the night, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I would sleep on the couch and not in my own bed, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I would be thrown up on twice and not gagged or thrown up myself, I would have told you that you were crazy.

I would be pooped on and not gagged or freaked out, I would have told you that you were crazy.

Well, all of these things happened last night because of Christian's first ear infections. The things that mommy's do and go through for their children. I never in a million years would have thought that I would be okay with getting up every hour in the middle of the night and sleeping on the couch. Never in a million years would I have thought that I would be okay with my children throwing up and pooping on me, but boy, was I proven wrong last night. I can remember when I was a little girl and my sister would get sick. My mom would take care of her like it was no big deal and I would think "that is so gross, mom. I am never going to do that." However, when your children are screaming, crying, and running a 103.1 temperature you are willing to do anything for them...even it means taking a little throw up and poop.

This morning we woke up around 7:30 and Christian was feeling 90% better. He was not back to his normal self by all means but he was not running a high temperature anymore. It was only 99.2 and he was his normal laughing, playful, and smiley self. I loved it. Even though I did not get any sleep, I was so glad to see him in a better mood and feeling so much better. Even though there was a lack of sleep on my end, I was okay with that. Of course, Shaun did let me take a nap...he is wonderful.

So, God did give us a break today and he did answer all our prayers. However, we are continuing to pray that tonight stays as great as today has been.

1 comment:

Hollie Heming said...

I'm so glad he's feeling better! And so quickly! Those infections can be rough. You made it through the hard part. Imagine if you had to go teach a room full of first graders after a night like that! AGGHH!!! Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.