Thursday, October 15, 2009

Four Years Ago...

Will he show up? Will he say "YES!"? Will another lady stand up and say she is carrying his baby?

Worries, Butterflies, Worries, Butterflies, Worries. That is what my head and my stomach were full of four years ago on this very day. I could not believe that I was about to walk down the aisle and marry the man of my dreams.

I was so worried that he was not going to be at the other end of the aisle when I got there. What if he had a change of heart?
I was so worried that he was going to change his mind that I could not wait for the preacher to say "I now pronounce you Husband and Wife." What if he decided he wanted to be friends and not soul mates?
The last question never popped in my head, but gosh could you imagine?!?

As of today at the stroke of 6, Shaun and I will have shared our lives together as a married couple for four years. Wait it has struck 6...four years it is.

Our married path has taken us down many different roads: happy, sad, challenging, and excited ones. However, we have worked through each road together and I could not imagine traveling down it with anyone else. He is truly my soul mate, best friend, companion, etc. We have learned and grown from one another. I certainly would not be the person I am today with out him in my life. I thank him for traveling this road with me. I can't wait to travel more paths with him; to celebrate the memorable roads and conquer the troublesome roads.

To Our Family and Friends
We would like to thank all of our family and friends for sharing and celebrating all the wonderful times in our lives. We believe that God brought us together to live our lives as Husband and Wife. Thank you for being such a wonderful part of our lives through your presence, prayers, and love. This is truly a special, memorable life!
So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments: