Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

I am official on SPRING BREAK. Not the spring break where you go to Palm Beach or to Miami (that would be nice), but the spring break where I get to spend every waking day with my little monkey (that is even better). Oh the things that we will do...zoo, Edventure, park, playing in the water, playing outside, etc.

I just love spring time, with the exception of the pollen. It always gets my head stuffy with congestion. This is about the time that I start losing my voice from all the congestion (Shaun loves that part of it...ha).

However, my first night of spring break did not start off the way that I planned. To better understand my story I must start with some underlying details. You see, my best friend is getting married next weekend and I am apart of the wedding party. So, for about two weeks now I have been going to the tanning bed in order to get some sun. Her dresses are a bluish-purple and that color up against my pale white skin was not a sight to be seen. I thought that she would like me to get a base tan so that I was not the one standing out in her wedding. She is the bride all eyes should be on her, not the pale-white bridesmaid.

So, I went yesterday to the tanning bed (normal bed, only ten minutes...nothing to dramatic). When I got home about an hour later I started itching all over. It was very uncomfortable but I just thought maybe I got a little burned today and it will wear off soon. OH NO! 4:30 this morning I was pacing the living room floor, praying to God to make the burning and itching go away. I tried everything...taking a cool shower, putting itching cream on the sights that were itching, using aloe, applying lotion.

Then the Internet told me to numb it with ice cubes. Finally around 4:30 and a whole lot of cream, lotion, and ice later I feel asleep with no more itching or burning. I thought that I was going to itch my skin though off last night. So, moral of the story...it is okay to be the pale white bridesmaid...HA.

No comments: