Thursday, April 28, 2011

Beddy-Bye

We have been so blessed. Christian started sleeping through the night when he was 3 months old and has been a great sleeper ever since. (Thank gosh because his mommy LOVES her sleep). He has never once tried to climb out of his crib; however, he sure did love to climb in it to play.
Over spring break, monkey got a new bed...his crib transformed into his toddler bed. Right after we did it, he jump right on in and started jumping on it. We told him this was his new bed and he said "Yeah!" I thought...no problem at all.


HA, boy was I wrong. That night he did not sleep at all. He was up and down and in and out of our room. I was trying to be the forceful parent that stated he had his own bed and mommy and daddy had our own bed. That has always been a "rule" of Shaun and I's that we did not want to make it a habit that our children would sleep in our bed with us. So, here I was trying to be firm and stick to my point at 1:00, 3:00. and 5:00 in the morning (gosh it was hard).
However, when he woke up the next morning he was crying, could not sit or stand still, and was pulling at his ear saying "Ouch." I thought, great another ear infection. So, off to the doctor we went. Well, it was not his ears that were hurting it was his throat...strep throat to be exact. So, who felt like the worst mom ever being so mean, firm and strict throughout the night...ME. I thought that after he was over strep throat that he would adjust to his new bed...let's just say that has not happened yet.

Hopefully one day I will get to sleep through the night again.

No comments: