Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween Party

They don't stay young for long do they? Being a teacher, I watch parents come in and out of my classroom to help out and volunteer. I watch parents come in and out of my classroom to join in the celebrations of birthdays and holiday parties. However, this time, I was the parent coming in to celebrate a holiday...Christian's Halloween party.
Thursday was Christian's Halloween party at school. I decided to take a half day at work and go to his party and then spend the rest of the day with him. We had a mommy/son day. Gosh, I love those days. When I got there, they were outside playing. When he came inside and saw me standing in his classroom, he was totally surprise and couldn't really believe that it was me standing there. However, he still did exactly what he was suppose to do...what his teachers told him...go to the rug so they could wash hands for snack. I got to watch them sing their song for washing up, say their blessing before snack, eat snack, play, read books, and make a holiday craft. It was so much fun watching him interact with everyone in his school setting. I just might have to make another surprise appearance again.






No comments: