Sunday, March 31, 2013

Baseball

I am so excited. This is my favorite time of year. Do you know why? I get to watch my little monkey man play baseball. Last year he played baseball for the YMCA. It was so cute but a little overwhelming.  The children were running around like little ants.  There was no organization. 

This year he is playing for Lexington Dixie Youth.  It is totally different.  The children know 1.)where they must stand, 2.)that you don't move unless the ball comes to you, and 3.)to try and get the runner out at first.  They also get to have the coach pitch to them 3 times.  If they don't hit it then they get the tee.  It is so much fun and so cute to watch these little ones play ball. 

Another thing about this year...is I am not pregnant in the heat (oh wait there has been no heat, yet).
 
 
Christian has grown a lot these last few weeks as a player as well.  There were many times when he would cry because he did not get the ball.  He has really learned to share and pay attention because the ball may come to him.  I can't wait until he is older and I get to watch him in serious action.  However, right now I am loving it because he is so darn cute.  Check out my little monkey man in action now...
 


 
 Don't forget that you have to sit and play in the sand at this age.  It is a requirement...ha.

 
Shaun just happens to be Christian coach again this year.  I think he is loving baseball life just as much as Christian does.  However, you want find him out there playing in the sand or wearing his baseball socks up his thighs.  He is a great coach (must be he played ball from Christian's age to college) and very patient with the children. 
 

(aren't these socks funny)
 
Keep playing hard little man. 


 

No comments: