Monday, May 4, 2009

OMG (Oh My Gosh!)

Oh my gosh. I can not believe that I have not written about this yet. It has been one, I mean two, of those weeks. We are coming to an end at school and when we are counting down the days until summer break things get a little crazy...testing, papers, charting, meetings, etc, etc, etc. If you are a teacher, you certainly understand what I am talking about.

Before Christian, I took everything home and worked until 9:00 at night (with about an hour of "me" time and dinner time) in between. Since Christian, I am lucky if my bookbag makes it out of the car. However, I have quickly come to realize that this is okay because I teach everyone elses' kids all day long, so when I get home it is time for me to teach my own son. Such as crawling and sitting up (that is what we are working on right now).

Anyways back to what I have not written about...my little man has been eating stage one baby food since the 23rd of April. Oh it has been so much fun watching him eat sweet potatoes, squash, and carrot (all of these make the biggest mess). We are now working on green beans. He has enjoyed each vegetable but I think that he could do without the carrots. They were not his favorite and they are the messiest. We have taken stock in stain remover. If anyone has a stain remover that they LOVE and one that works WONDERS, please let me know. We have not found one that we LOVE and works WONDERS but we would LOVE to find one. I don't want to ruin his clothes, bibs, and burp cloths with orange vegetables.

Here are some pictures of my little man with vegetables all over the face. You know you have to get pictures of food all over the face. It is not supper time without food on the face.


Christian and sweet potatoes

Christian and green beans

I also have another question for some of my fellow mommies out there. My son is teething and those teeth will just not cut through. He is not big on chewing on his teething things (teething rings, teething net, teething toys, etc) he just wants to chew on his pacifier. He cries all day because of the pain (most of it is because of his teeth but some of it is separation anxiety...yes, we are going through that as well). The doctor told me that I could give him Tylenol around the clock but that was pretty much it. Does anyone have any tricks up their sleeves that will help relieve his pain and his crying. His nanny and I are desperate.

1 comment:

Jenny Garris said...

Try Hyland's Teething tablets (Walgreens and Publix carry them). They are all natural - no drugs :) A friend who has 3 children recommended them to me and they help. I don't know how, but they do. And Joel likes the taste of them! Also, you can freeze the stage one sweet potatoes (or better yet, fruits when you get to those) and use those "thingys" I gave you--it's temporary relief, but still nice for the little guy. Other than that, celebrate when he is allowed to have infant Motrin--it is a miracle drug, in my opinion! I think Joel had to be 6 months (?) but your pediatrician can tell you when he can have that.
I feel your pain--we are working on molars now! Ouch!
Good luck! :)